- Written by Web Design Uganda
Available with all web hosting accounts you create in the control panel, is the ability to create custom email addresses and accounts. Before describing how to create a new email address, you should first understand how you want it to work.
Since you are reading this information you must have access to the internet. If you have access to the internet, then you more than likely have an email address, or access to one. When someone gets an internet connection either from a phone company or a cable company, they are typically also given at least one email account. This is not just an "email address", but is an "email account". The difference is that an email account will have a virtual email box on the server where your email will be stored, before your computer retrieves the messages and downloads them into your email program (like Outlook Express). An "email address" however, doesn't necessarily need an account (or virtual mail box). Instead, it can simply be a "forwarder" that whenever an email message is sent to it, it automatically forwards that message to another email account.
So the decision you will want to make before creating your custom email addresses is this: Do you want them to have their own virtual email boxes (stored in your hosting account, on our server), or do you simply want your new custom email addresses to forward to an existing email account that you probably already have?
- Same Day- You pay today, you get it today, no waiting!
- ROBUST SPAM & VIRUS PROTECTION
- Configure your settings to ensure a spam and virus free mailbox.
- RELIABILITY WITH 99.99% UPTIME
- All of our business email hosting plans come with a 99.95% uptime guarantee backed by our service level agreement(SLA).
- MICROSOFT OUTLOOK COMPATIBLE
- Use Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail or other third party email clients with our service. Setup is simple.
- BLACKBERRY, IPHONE & PDA SUPPORT
- Conveniently use your mobile device to check your email on the go. Enjoy wireless email access from anywhere.
- IMAP, POP3, SMTP AND WEBMAIL ACCESS
- Access your email, calendar, contacts, and more from any computer anywhere.