- Written by Web Design Uganda
Facebook has created an opportunity for those with inspiration to design a much more persuasive and fully branded page for their company or brand name. You may feel that this is not essential for your company or are content with just a normal profile like everyone else who believes that a Facebook profile is everything they need from facebook; for themselves and their companies/brands.
This is a great misconception because according to Facebook's terms of service, "Profiles represent individuals and must be held under an individual name, while Pages allow an organization, business, celebrity, or band to maintain a professional presence on Facebook." If your business' profile gets shut down by Facebook for violating this rule, your friends list will vanish with it.
I have listed below some reasons why you should consider having a facebook page for your company instead of just a profile:
- Your Facebook page is accessible publicly hence you can use it to market your products and services to both fans and non fans.
- Pages offer analytics and insights. This data can be really useful for understanding the characteristics of your customer base, and knowing which wall posts get the best reaction. This data is not available to individual profiles.
- Pages can have unlimited fans while individual profiles are limited to 5,000 friends.
- The process of converting a popular profile to a page is a complete nightmare.
- Pages allow you to customize them to a professional look using the numerous apps on facebook.
- It is therefore important to note that a company's effectiveness on Facebook can be hampered if the account isn't set up properly. The mere ability of outside viewers to have access to your personal information is why it is important to ensure that your Facebook page looks professional.
By default the wall, photos, discussion and info sections are available on your page. These however are not enough. You can enhance these features by creating a professional landing page (welcome page), adding videos on the landing page, creating a contact us page complete with contact form and google map, your contact page can have links to your other social media profiles like linkedin, twitter blogger etc.
Some custom made facebook Pages